Prof. Dr. Ruediger Zarnekow
- © IKM
Prof. Dr. Ruediger Zarnekow holds the Chair for Information and Communication Management at the Berlin Institute of Technology. His research focuses on the areas of Strategic IT Management, Electronic Business, Telecommunications Management and Business Models for the ICT industry. Previously, he worked at the Institute of Information Management at the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland, where he lead the competence center “Industrialization of Information Management”. Prof. Zarnekow has been working as a consultant in the area of IT management for many years. He is a cofounder of IT Management Partner St. Gallen AG: As an author he has published various books and research articles.
- In 2013 awarded "TUB Entrepreneurship Supporter des Jahres" for extraordinarily engagement in the field entrepreunership
- Currently holds the Chair for Information and Communication Management at the Berlin Institute of Technology
- Research focus on IT Management (Organization, Business Processes, Sourcing, Cost-Benefit-Analysis, Controlling), Business Models, Telecommunications Management, Slectronic Business.
- From 2001 through 2006 Assistant Professor at the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland, and project manager of the competence center “Industrialised IT Management” in cooperation with Deutsche Telekom, Deutsche Bank, Deutsche Bahn, Bayer Business Services, Swisscom IT Services, Syskoplan.
- PhD at University of Freiberg, MSc in Advanced Software Technologies at the University of Wolverhampton, Diploma in Computer Science (Dipl.-Inf.) at the European Business School, Oestrich Winkel.
- Co-author of a study on “Quality of Service Internet Business Models” prepared on behalf of 6 European Telecommunication Carriers.
- Author/Co-author of 10 books and more than 70 research publications
- 15 years of consulting and industry experience in the areas of strategic IT management, ICT business models, Electronic Business and IT service management.
- Since 2008 co-founder and partner of IT Management Partner St. Gallen AG.
- From 1999 through 2006 Managing Partner of ITMC Informatik Technologie Management Consulting GmbH, Essen.
- Business Angel and Mentor for various Start-up Companies in the high-tech sector
- Previously worked for T-Systems Multimedia Solutions, Accenture, University of Essen, University of Freiberg.
|Author||Kropp, Lennard Alexander and Korbel, Jakob J. and Theilig, Max-Marcel and Zarnekow, Rüdiger|
|Location||Stockholm & Uppsala, Sweden|
|Journal||Proceedings of the 27th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS)|
ContactProf. Dr. Ruediger Zarnekow
Berlin Institute of Technology
Chair for Information and Communication Management
Strasse des 17. Juni 135
10623 Berlin / Germany
+49 (0)30 314 78700
+49 (0)30 314 78702